KAN-NAK is commited to provide excellent modelling. While it is, of course, necessary to have the best numerical tools at our disposal, KAN-NAK feels that it is also critical to check predictions by confronting them to experimental results.
Measurement campaigns are thus an important aspect of a cell design project, to check both the current state of cells and their optimized state.
KAN-NAK measurements include:
- current distributions (both cathodic and anodic);
- voltage breakdown (and especially anode and cathode voltage drops);
- shell temperature distribution;
- heat fluxes;
- bath and liquidus temperatures;
- ledge profile;
- magnetic field inside liquid metal;
- metal upheaval;
- cell starving